The Laws of Nature

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Art Theory: A Very Short Introduction

It's been a few years since I've reviewed a book on art theory and this seems like a good time to begin one. I've selected Art Theory: A Very Short Introduction by Cynthia Freeland.  In this book, she promises to "scrutinize many different art theories: ritual theory, formalist theory, imitation theory, expression theory, cognitive thoery, and postmodern theory."
This should be interesting and I'll begin with chapter 1 tomorrow. Hope you'll join me for a lively discussion!
 

2 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

I'm in!

Dan Kent said...

Yay, a review!! I actually started taking a course on the modern and post-modern so I could understand what post-modernism is. I wasn't able to finish it, unfortunately. And the course did not pertain to art. So I look forward to that and all the rest too!!