FIND YOUR ARTISTIC VOICE
Instructor: Katharine A. Cartwright, NWS
All Levels: Beginner – Advanced
All Mediums: Watercolor, Gouache, Acrylic, Oil
June 24 – June 27, 201
at the Gibson House Bed and Breakfast
Haverhill, New Hampshire
3-1/2 days (M, T, W - 9 AM to 4 PM, Thurs – 9 AM to noon)
Do you need an artistic breakthrough? Do you feel confused about WHAT to paint and HOW to paint it? This workshop is designed for you! Kathy shows you how to find your own artistic voice and how to express it through masterful painting. Because all great art begins with a great concept, the purpose of this workshop is to instruct students at all ability levels on how to create unique and meaningful art.
The first day of the workshop focuses on concept development using Kathy’s proven methods. You will discover your artistic voice. Next, you’ll learn how to design a painting that best expresses your concept through the use of symbolism, design, and color. Special attention is paid to helping you create work that is technically masterful and consistent. By the week's end, you will have all the tools necessary to create unique and meaningful art for a lifetime.
You WILL NOT learn to imitate, copy, or reproduce the works of others. You WILL learn to paint like YOU - only better.
ESCAPE THE ORDINARY – BE EXTRAORDINARY!
CONTACT: Marty Cohen, Innkeeper
341 Dartmouth College Highway
Haverhill, New Hampshire 03765
(603) 989-3125 FREE (603) 989-3125
(800) 989-2150 FREE (800) 989-2150
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Much has transpired since my last post! Here's what's happening in 2012:
- March: Solo exhibition at the Lincoln Street Center in Rockland, Maine.
- April - June: Group exhibition featuring my series "Clark Island Intertidal" at the Chocolate Church Gallery in Bath, Maine.
- May: Solo exhibition of my series "The Laws of Nature" at the fabulous Rougette Gallery in Rockland, Maine.
- Now: publication of a book on my new series "The Laws of Nature"
- June 25 - 28th: teaching a workshop "Finding your artistic voice" at the Gibson House in Haverhill, New Hampshire
- August 24 - 26th: "Echoes" a joint exhibition with Marilyn Quint-Rose in Port Clyde, Maine.
And, some marvelous students to work with on a regular basis, to boot!